I'm not going to make sense in the following order:
1) April has what I believe to be an addiction to heinous dance music. Lots and lots of heinous dance music. For the past week, I've been copying all of our cds onto an external hard drive so that we can get rid of the actual cds and have the music ready for our Ipods. It took me four days to get through her dance discs. Did you know Disney put out a cd with dance remixes of all their classics? Should be a staple in all households. As should the School House Rocks dance mix and your favorite techno-Luau tunes (my ears are still bleeding).
2) Yesterday, one of our conversations turned to butterflies again. You remember how the last conversation we had about a butterfly led April to explain why she's an advanced soul, right? This conversation went something like this:
Apes: "I saw a gorgeous butterfly the other day..."
Me: "Uh-huh. That's great, honey..."
Apes: "It was really beautiful (long pause)...unfortunately (really long pause)....
it was dead."
How very advanced soul of it.
3) I have been procrastinating like nobodies business. I am overwhelmed by a work project and don't know which end is up. I deal with that feeling of discomfort by choosing to ignore it all together. Much like opening the refrigerator door a million times, hoping a chocolate cake will materialize, I open a Word document only to see it still blank. I close the document and tell myself I'll check again later to see if there's been any progress.
4) Brenda Lee is outside my window this very second. She has a new dress. I wonder how many quarters she's found today.
5) I've been thinking a lot about my next job and I've decided I need to be hired as another of Kathy Griffin's assistants. It feels right. That's all I can really say. Somehow I just know it should happen. Something tells me she'd totally dig the fact that I'd kiss her dogs Chance and Pom Pom on the teeth.
6) I still want to hear OJ Simpson admit he murdered Nicole and Ron. I don't know why it matters so much to me, but whenever I see him, I picture that smug smile he wore when he heard the 'not guilty' verdict and it burns my ass.
7) It's supposed to storm later tonight. I love a good storm. I turn off the light in my office, work by the glow of my favorite lamp and I light several candles. My office turns into a cocoon I never want to step out of.
and finally, here is evidence of our Brush with Death:
All of that brush came from our back yard. April, armed with a weed eater and a saw, went to battle with the overgrown bits that were trying to strangle our house. That's Leigh on the left and her son Brett who appears to be being beheaded by brush.
They came to visit us for the day. Silly them. We have zero regard for the health of our friends and certainly don't concern ourselves with showing them a good time. We have shit to do. Like haul brush to the dump....
We aren't heartless, though. We gave them water and everything.